Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

1 Cup Dump Flaxseed Cookies

I have Celiac's Disease. You know what stinks? Avoiding wheat! I hate it. All of my favorite foods are light, fluffy and full of flour.

If you also have a gluten intolerance, I highly recommend http://www.momsplaceglutenfree.com
No joke. Most of their mixes taste like they were made with good old fashioned all purpose wheat flour. If you have to make a cake, this is your mix.

Enough of that gluten-free crap. Let me tell you about these dump cookies I invented. I needed (well, wanted) a flaxseed cookie recipe without oats. I added the coconut to keep my husband away (oh yeah. I'm selfishly tricky). I've been trying to eat more flaxseed because of the health benefits that can be found here. I recently found out that I am high risk for colon cancer, and I will do just about everything to avoid putting my family through that.

So here is my recipe:


One Cup Dump Flaxseed Cookies

1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (Gluten-Free? I like this one)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
2 Cups Ground Flaxseed
1 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.  

1. Mix flaxseed, flour, sugar, salt, coconut, and cinnamon and set aside.
2. Melt butter. Cream together butter and eggs. Beat in Vanilla.
3. Combine wet and dry mixtures with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Fold in Cranberries.
5. Drop about a TBS of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
6. Eat and love.


Don't trick yourself into thinking these are healthy. Do you see all of that butter and sugar?! Treat yourself in moderation, and eat guilt-free by convincing yourself the flaxseed, cinnamon, and cranberries are good for your bod. :)


Did anyone else notice I blogged twice today?! That's like four months worth of blogging for me.

1 comments:

chelsea wire said...

These cookies turned out great! I didn't have any coconut or cranberries though, so I substituted oats and mini chocolate chips. Would love to try with the cranberries. Thanks for this post!

Post a Comment