Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Smoothie Time

Good thing the last time I blogged was in October.

I've been working out regularly. To enhance my work outs and boost my energy, I decided I needed to increase my protein intake. Honestly, I'm not a big meat eater. I could easily be a vegetarian if Texas Roadhouse didn't call my name every few months. I don't like to eat dairy products. To top it all of, I have a mild gluten intolerance. As a result, I don't get a lot of protein.

I decided to remedy this with protein smoothies for breakfast. I bought a whey protein that doesn't aggravate my gluten allergy. I work out early in the morning so breakfast is the perfect time for me to consume my protein. I am, however, a picky eater. Not extremely, I will try new foods. I don't write off foods that aren't prepared well. I just know what I like and what I don't. I don't love the taste of any protein powder. That is that. So, I need to develop recipes that taste like smoothies, not protein.

So, here is my first stab at a protein smoothie recipe. It's not perfect, I can still taste the protein. But, it is pretty delicious.

Strawberries & Cream Protein Smoothie:
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
1 Package (the kind you put in a 16 oz water bottle) of Strawberry Crystal Light
3-4 Large Strawberries
1 Banana
1 tsp Vanilla
8 Ice cubes
1 1/2 Cups Skim Milk


I blended everything together until all of the ice was crushed and my blender was creating a swirly vortex of doom. It was tasty. I have since tried similar recipes with the cherry (DON'T DO IT! It tastes like Pepto), orange, and peach mango. Nothing since this recipe has tasted as g00d. I can taste too much protein in my other experiments so I'm going to continue to experiment. When I find something I like, I'll post again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment