Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Tropical Protein Smoothie


So today I was in the mood for a smoothie that would be a little more uplifting. It has been a rough few days and I knew I could use an emotional boost. I wanted to make it creamy, like a milk shake, but healthy. I wanted the protein to enhance my workout. This is what I came up with:

Banana Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
1 Cup Dole Pina Colada Juice
2 sliced bananas
6 Ice cubes
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
1 TBS of any brand Stevia

Blend about 1 minute or until smoothie is blended together well. I actually blended everything without the protein first, poured two cups for my little boys for a treat, and then put the protein in. It helped my little ones to feel special and it helped me to have only one serving, which is easy to handle. Sometimes I make my shakes so big that it takes 2-3 glasses before I get all of my protein.

I loved this recipe because the banana makes it feel creamy, like ice cream, the stevia makes it sweet like sugar, the pina colada juice adds just a touch of happy, and the combination covers the protein taste pretty well. I could use it as a comfort food without any guilt, because I am headed to the gym with enough nutrients to help me get in a good work out.

You'll have to excuse my crappy iphone photo. I was too lazy to get out my camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment